Dressing for Your Engagement Portraits
If you recently got engaged and are planning your engagement portraits, you are probably wondering what to wear. You may also find that your version of what to wear is very different than what your groom had in mind. That is where we as your photographer come in.
We want you to not only feel amazing during your session, we also want you to have a great time with little no stress in regards to getting ready so here are our top 5 tips for getting ready:
- Try everything on 3 days before your shoot to insure that everything fits well and that nothing needs to be dry cleaned or ironed. This also gives you a chance to snap a quick photo and send to us or share on social media.
- Have your makeup professionally done and your hair if your concerned about it frizzing like mine does.
- Drink a lot of water starting two days before hand. This adds a nice glow to your skin.
- Bring chapstick for him and lipgloss or lipstick for you to the shoot.
- Avoid spray tans two weeks before the session
Now that you feel prepared for the session, you are probably wondering what to wear. Here are some of our tips for finding the right outfit:
- Find your outfit first and then his
- Women look more elegant in dresses and heels tend to elongate your legs.
- Pick one outfit that is semi-dressy and one that is dressy to give you the diversity of two looks
- Accessorize with pretty earrings or a necklace
- Make sure that your guys outfit coordinates with yours but isn’t overly matchy matchy.
- When in doubt, Rent the Runway is a great place to find unique and elegant attire.
Want more information on removing stress from your wedding day process? Check out our newsletter below.
Reduce your stress
Avoid these 5 wedding planning mistakes!